- Responsibilities of Stream Convenors
- Stream Themes
- Suggestions for Stream Themes
- Expression of interest
- Acceptance of proposals
Responsibilities of Stream Convenors
- Stream convenors are responsible for one or more sessions organised within a particular stream. The total number of sessions per stream will depend on the number of abstracts accepted. In total, we anticipate between 15 and 20 streams.
- Stream convenors participate in the selection of abstracts, ranking all abstracts submitted for their respective stream. The review of abstracts will be organised after the closure of the call for abstracts, i.e. 18 March 2016.
- Final decisions on the number of sessions per stream and the acceptance of abstracts will be made by the local organising committee when all information concerning the streams is available.
- In the run-up to the Conference, stream convenors together with local organisers will supervise the deadlines for paper submission and review the situation concerning contributed papers in case deadlines are not met.
- In the Conference, Stream convenors chair their respective session(s). To guarantee coherence across sessions, they are also asked to a) give either an introductory presentation on the theme of their stream or how the papers chosen for presentation fit the research in this area, or b) synthesise the stream’s output after paper presentations.
Stream ThemesAs organisers, we invite and give priority to suggestions for streams that fit the overall theme of the conference (see homepage for description).
Over the years, ESPAnet Conferences have had many different streams, some with established continuity. A list for suggested themes for the 2016 Conference is presented below. Proposals for stream titles may differ from the stream themes listed below, but suggestions should bear in mind that topics should appeal to a large number of researchers, allow submissions from different disciplinary backgrounds and countries and that all streams and sessions have to be organised as open streams and sessions (no closed research/interest networks). Stream convenors themselves shall not submit abstracts to their respective stream. Only one abstract submission per researcher is allowed.
Suggestions for Stream Themes
- Diffusion of ideas
- EU Social Policy
- Globalisation and Social Policy
- Environmental Concerns and Social Policy
- Comparative Methodology
- International Roots of Social Policy
- Funding Welfare
- Family policy
- Gender and Gender Equality
- Work and Welfare or employment policy
- Migration and Social Policy
- Generations and intergeneration relations
- Health Care
- Social Care
- Poverty and Social Exclusion
- Education and social policy
- Open stream
Expression of interestIndividual expressions of interest should fit on one page. They should include:
- A stream title with an indication which stream theme it is directed at (see above) or whether the suggestion arises outside of the list.
- A short description of the stream’s theme, including a description of the topics and/or types of papers that would be expected (max 300 words). We encourage descriptions of proposed themes which make explicit links to the topic of the conference and to the overall objectives of ESPAnet (see www.espanet.org).
- Full contact details of the stream convenor/s (with a maximum of two convenors per stream): Name/s, affiliation, postal address, phone number, e-mail.
Expressions of interest can be submitted through this form before 27 November 2015.